|Ruth O’Brien is the academic acquisitions editor for The Public Square series . This series showcase some of the world’s finest public intellectuals writing on topics at the forefront of public discourse. It features authors–be they professors, journalists, essayists, poets, or novelists–whose distinctive voices resonate both within, and far beyond, the confines of the academy. Artful, accessible, and analytical, their essays contribute to international dialogue, shape and frame national debates, and engage with enduring and fundamental questions.|
|The Advisory Board:|
|Eric Alterman||K. Anthony Appiah||Alan Brinkley|
|Mitchell Cohen||Martha Fineman||Ira Katznelson|
|Robin D. G. Kelly||Gara LaMarche||Lewis H. Lapham|
|Nicholas Lemann||Doug McAdam||Louis Menand|
|James Morone||Jo-Ann Mort||David Nasaw|
|Victor Navasky||Anne Norton||Frances Fox Piven|
|John Podesta||Jill Quadagno||Rogers Smith|
|Deborah Stone||Philipa Strum||Cass Sunstein|
|Neera Tanden||Michael Walzer||William Julius Wilson|
Go to Listing by Author (See Vodcasts by Authors, too!)
- The Case for Big Government. J. Madrick.
- The Case for Big Government (New in Paper). J. Madrick.
- The End of the West: The Once and Future Europe. D. Marquand.
- The End of the West: The Once and Future Europe (New in Paper). D. Marquand.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The Tragedy of Children’s Rights from Ben Franklin to Lionel Tate. B. Woodhouse.
- Not For Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities. M.C. Nussbaum.
- Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities (New in Paper). M.C. Nussbaum.
- The Politics of the Veil. J.Wallach Scott.
- The Posthuman Dada Guide: tzara and lenin play chess. A. Codrescu.
- Uncouth Nation: Why Europe Dislikes America. A.S. Markovits.
- The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party’s Revolution and the Battle over American History. J. Lepore.
- The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party’s Revolution and the Battle over American History (New in Paper). J. Lepore.